What is a wobbler?
In the State of California a “wobbler” is a crime that can be either a misdemeanor or felony conviction. Wobblers can be charged either way; a Judge may have the discretion to reduce a felony conviction in a wobbler case to a misdemeanor.
Felony Reduction and Expungement In California
This is a partial list of the charges that can be field both as a misdemeanor and a felony they are called wobblers. If you were charged with one of these code sections. We can file a motion to reduce it to a misdemeanor in some cases.
- Penal Code 459 PC – California Burglary law
- Penal Code 245(a)(1) – Assault with a deadly weapon
- Penal Code 422 PC – Criminal threats
- Penal Code 273.5 PC – Spousal battery
- Penal Code 243.4 PC – Sexual battery